Ways to overcome stress – part 1
I talked about stressors in our lives the other day. Today I am going to talk about some ways to deal with stress. I will start with some. Then I will finish next time.
2. Go to bed on time.
3. Get up on time so you can start the day unrushed.
4. Say no to projects that won’t fit into your time schedule, or that will compromise your mental health.
5. Delegate tasks to capable others.
6. Simplify and unclutter your life.
7. Less is more. (Although one is often not enough, two are often too many)
8. Allow extra time to do things and to get to places.
9. Pace yourself. Spread out big changes and difficult projects over time; don’t lump the hard things all together.
10. Take one day at a time.
11. Separate worries from concerns. If a situation is a concern, find out what God would have you do and let go of the anxiety. If you can’t do anything about a situation, forget it.
12. Live within your budget; don’t use credit cards for ordinary purchases.
13. Have backups; an extra car key in your wallet, an extra house key buried in the garden, extra stamp, etc
That’s all for today. More Monday.
Do you have any ways that help you deal with stress.