Here I am with part 2 with ways to overcoming stress.
14. K.M.S. (Keep Mouth Shut) This single piece of advice can prevent an enormous amount of trouble.
15. Do something for the kid in you everyday.
16. Carry a Bible with you to read while waiting in line. (If reading a Bible is not your thing, maybe some other self-help book will do.)
17. Get enough rest. (Did you know that most Americans are working on too little sleep. Did you know how many health problems and mental health problems are caused by sleep deprivation?)
18. Eat right. (Did you know that most illnesses are caused by lack of nutrition. I have read/heard of many Drs that lack of nutrition is the cause of most deaths. It causes the diseases that we die from. That is another topic I could go on about.)
19. Get organized so everything has its place.
20. Listen to a tape while driving that can help improve your quality of life. (I have started listening to classical music while driving. It has helped a lot. Mozart has been known to actually improve brain waves in people with ADD/ADHD and other disorders.)
21. Write down thoughts and inspirations. (Journaling is a way of life for me. Try it out. It will improve your life more than I can say.)
22. Every day find time to be alone.
23. Having problems? Talk to God on the spot. Try to nip small problems in the bud. Don’t wait until it’s time to go to bed to try to pray.
24. Make friends wiht Godly people.
25. Keep a folder of favorite scriptures on hand. (On my desk I have little sticky notes with favorite quotes and scriptures and songs all over the place. About all topics. Helps keep my mind on the plus side.)
26. Remember that the shortest bridge between despair and hope is often a good “Thank You, Jesus.”
28 Laugh some more!
29. Take your work seriously, but not yourself at all.
30. Develop a forgiving attitude (most people are doing the best they can.)(One of the best things I have found to get rid of resentments towards someone is to pray for them what you want for yourself for two weeks. It will change your life. Try it.)
31. Be kid to unkind people (The probably need it the most.)
32. Sit on your ego.
33. Talk less; listen more.
34. Slow down.
35. Remind yourself that you are not the general manager of the universe.
36. …Every night before bed, think of one thing you’re grateful for that you’ve never been grateful for before. God has a way of turning things around for you.
“If God is for us, who can be against us?” Rom 8:31
There you have it, some basic steps for lessening stress. I will probably revisit the topic again with some more ideas. What are some of your ways to lessen stress?