- Lifestyle changes- Eat clean food as organic as possible. Plant-based diets are best for overall health. Avoid processed foods and sugar.
Adding ginger, onions, garlic, and cayenne help with getting rid of mucus.
Exercise, practice deep breathing, especially when stressed.
Drinking plenty of water with lemon juice is useful in detoxing the liver of toxins.
Foods that are especially beneficial for helping the body to detox from smoking are:
- Celery/Organic Sodium
- Parsnips/Phosphorus-Chlorine Connection
- Carrots/Vit A
- Cilantro/Heavy metals
- Eliminate household toxins- try to eliminate all the chemical based cleaners in the home. Also, look for healthy substitutes for personal care products. The less toxin load, the easier it is for your body to heal.
- Improve your indoor air – vacuum and dust often. Open the windows at least part of the day to bring in fresh air. Be aware that carpet and ‘fire resistant’ furniture emits toxic chemicals.
Use either a commercial air cleaner or bring in plants that will clean the air. (see other list).
- Use herbal remedies. Antitussive herbs help with respiratory spasms. Expectorant herbs help loosen mucus. Demulcent hers help in soothing lung tissue that may be irritated. Antimicrobial herbs help heal infections.
An example of an all-around herb good for healing the lungs is licorice root. May be good to use a DGL licorice.
Lobelia helps clean the airways and can even help in asthma attacks.
- Detoxing. This is an essential part of healing for the overall health. When toxins are removed, then the body is better able to grow new tissue.
Sweating by using saunas is also a good method to use for detoxing.
- Serrapeptase enzymes help in eating up scar tissue, heavily calcified tissue, or mucus deposits.
NATURAL REMEDIES TO HELP A PERSON QUIT TOBACCO:
Drink lots of water whenever there is a craving and be sure to add lemon juice to the water.
This will help flush out the nicotine from the body very quickly. SUCKING ON LEMONS IS GREAT TOO
Sit in a tub that is filling up.
Use a thermometer and when the temperature reaches 95 degrees, sit in this for 20 minutes.
Be sure to drink plenty of water before, during, and after, and keep a cold rag on the head at all times.
You may need a bowl of cold water on the side to dip the head rag into when it gets hot.
Rinse off in cool water. Do not friction dry your body. Pat dry, then lay down for about 30 minutes if possible.
***DIABETICS and THOSE WITH HEART DISEASE or blocked or hardened arteries should not do the Steam Bath
A COLD SHEET WRAP (this is good for those who can’t do the steam bath)
Dip a queen size sheet in a bucket of cool water, wring out well, then wrap the body completely in this sheet while in the nude (have the person standing in the bathtub while doing this). Then wrap with a blanket (woolen or cotton is best) and lay down for 30 minutes. This will draw toxins out of the body.
#2: RED CLOVER TOPS TEA:
Drink one 8 oz. cup/3 x day
Take 2 tsp. of the herb and put into a coffee mug. Cover with boiling water and steep x 20 minutes.
Red Clover cleanses the blood, removing the nicotine, making quitting much easier
MAY USE LOBELIA TINCTURE
1 dropper full 2 x day
#3: STOP SMOKING URGE REMEDY
¾ c. fresh lemon juice
¼ c. honey
1/3 tsp. peppermint oil (be sure to get INTERNAL USE…can use Young Living OR dOTerra Oils)
***Combine all ingredients and take 1 teaspoon when you have the urge
ANOTHER STOP SMOKING REMEDY(from Mamon Wilson)
Smokers Tea and gum:
½ c. honey
1/3 tsp. cayenne pepper
The juice of ½ a lemon
1/3 tsp. peppermint oil
(spearmint oil if they smoked menthol cigarettes)
½ tsp. liquid smoke (this is a lesser of two evils…this gives the brain the signal that smoking is happening)
1 tsp. Black cherry concentrate(may get from Trader Joe’s)
1 oz. (2 Tbsp.) apple juice
**Mix well and then take ½ tsp. as often as needed
**If you have to work all day, you may get some gum(spearmint if you smoke menthols) and dip the gum into this overnight and put the gum back into the wrappers and carry this and chew a piece every time a craving comes on
#4: EAT FOODS HIGH IN NIACIN
‘You Can Quit Tobacco’
Natural Remedies Encyclopedia (5th Edition) pages 208, 607, 773
Natural Remedies Encyclopedia (7th Edition) pages 880, 821, 231(right side of page)
#6: DEEP BREATHING EXERCISES:
Do 5 sets of these every time a craving comes on
Inhale as much air as you can(through the nose)
Hold to the count of 10
Exhale as hard as you can(through the mouth)
Cravings usually only last about 60 seconds
Get in a minimum of 3-4 miles per day
You may do four 20 minute sets
One set after each meal and
One set for walking your dog if you have one
One set before bedtime
You can do two ½ hour segments
+ one 10 minute segment
#8: TAKE CHARCOAL IF STOMACH GETS UPSET FROM WITHDRAWALS:
2-3 Tbsp. in 20 oz. of water
Take every 2-3 hours as needed
Make sure if a person is on medicine, this is given 2 hours before or after they have taken the medicine
#9: FOLLOW ALL THE LAWS OF HEALTH:
Proper rest/going to bed at the right time
Lots of sunshine
Read your Bible
Trust in God